Thursday, January 19, 2006

more moss

Oh my GOD today was BEAUTIFUL. We had sun! Real sun! The weather was so nice and pretty and warm.

So, I took a walk. The first thing I noticed was a tree covered in moss (and lichen?) The Jura is basically coated in moss - it's not at all unusual to see three or four kinds growing on a stone, a wall, in the sidewalk. Then there's the ferns sprouting everywhere... I think that it must help having so much fog -- the air is much damper, encouraging growth everywhere.

Here's the tree:


And here's the moss:




I'm quite relieved to see that those photos turned out nicely. I have suspicions that my camera has begun a slow descent, as the battery hardly holds a charge and the focus gets all confused.








See the horses?

I listened to Wilco's Yankee Hotel EP on the walk. You should too -- it's really good. How pleasant it is to find that music is even better after a few years.

This evening I'm going to a kid's house for dinner. I have to keep reminding myself of this (7 o'clock!) because otherwise I'll forget. Thanks, dad, for passing on a completely useless short-term memory to me.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home