Monday, January 02, 2006

one for the resume

Welcome to day 3 of constant rain. I had a dream last night that I woke up at 4:30 and I felt so frustrated that the day had been wasted. I can't say I feel like I'm wasting my days, but there certainly isn't much to do around here. I also had a dream that I was making pants out of suit material -- I think I got the fabric from old sportcoats -- and sewing big heart patches on for pockets.

With that, today's project was to learn how to crochet. Brian gave me a book for christmas, and my mom brought her old hooks. This is what the afternoon's efforts gave me:

So small! The second I finished, I began more. My skills definitely are at "beginner" level -- as in, I "began" today, but the whole process feels very logical and intuitive. Mostly, I read about how to do the basic single crochet stitch, then figured it out from there.



You can't exactly see it, but this little guy was croched in the round, giving him a very three-dimensional body. If I had some stuffing, he'd be a regular old stuffed toy.

Here's another town we visited on the christmas holiday:


Baume-les-Messieurs is a village of 200 people, nestled into an ancient reculee, or, small canyon.



It's classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France...Chateau-Chalon is similarly classified.




There is an heavy sense of history there. It's old, old, old.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home