Thursday, December 29, 2005

Arbois

Hey, look! I took some pictures of buildings!





Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of the most amazing place in Arbois: the chocolate store. Technically, it's a full patissier, but we just picked up some chocolate. This store is recognized as one of the greatest stuff-makers in all of France. Apparently, there's a council that gives out awards for the greatest artisans in everything hand-made -- brick-layers, tailors, chocolate-makers, award-givers, etc.



I came back into town yesterday and it still looked like this, just covered with a foot of snow. We bought more chocolate, too. If you're ever in the area, I'd recommend the tea-flavored ganache truffle. Yum. Also, if you're in the area, be sure to take the bus into Arbois -- the train station is seriously like two miles outside of town. Having to walk there or back is only good for one thing: making people cranky.





Boy, I can't think of anything else to say. My normally-sparkling wit ..... eh, I can't even think of a way to finish that joke. Time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home