Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My large penguin guards shall protect me



So, this weekend, in case you've forgotten (because I nearly have), I went up to Strasbourg with Catherine. What I didn't mention was that on the way back, there are limited trains and we had already bought a return ticket. So, we took the train in the evening that didn't require reservations. Except it did. And it didn't. Basically, most people had reservations, and those that didn't, stood. So we stood for two hours on the train. Catherine kept suggesting that we go sit in first class, but I got all chickenshit about it, so we stayed in the noisy area between the cars. In the end, it wouldn't have mattered, since nobody came to collect tickets.

Anyway, it was too late for me to travel another 2 hours back down to Poligny, so I just stayed overnight with Catherine. On Monday, we did some shopping in town and poked around the Christmas Market. None of the stalls of the market were open before lunch, so we had to entertain ourselves with the strange choice of animatronics.






That moose fell over.

You'll have to click on this picture, in order to get the full effect of the photo. I really do look like my ice palace was moved to this strange city, leaving me to peer out, confused and scared of the world around me.


Oh, and I had the best lunch EVER. A belgian waffle, smothered in Nutella, dusted with powdered sugar.


(That shot's for you, mike)

Tonight is the school's Christmas party. I may even put on a skirt for the occasion. I am, however, far more excited about the idea of singing The Twelve Days of Christmas approximately 35 more times in the next three days. Perhaps you think that I'm not the best singer in the world, but let me tell you -- these kids applaud me whenever I sing to them in class. Or maybe they just like my awesome moves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home