Monday, November 21, 2005

Bloggair

My internet isn't working in my apartment - there's something about either the IP address or the overall wireless connection that is the root of the problem. Alors, ça ne marche pas.

Fortunately, my parents sent me a USB flash drive (thanks mom! thanks dad!) so I can keep shoveling crap on to the internet. Especially now that I'm using a public computer, I'm going to have to keep things brief. Don't worry -- once I get my connection back on in the dorm, I can resume my overly-explicated posts. I'm particularly enjoying the fact that everything on Blogger, the online publishing program I use, is in French. I wonder what the "Sacré Bleu!" button does.

I would have published these things seperately, but for the sake of time, I'm tossing everything together. First, the other half of my room. I've already changed it a bit -- I put a printed paper tablecloth on one wall to brighten things up a bit. I don't know how long I'll be able to handle a whole eyeful of strawberries, though.


Here's another pair of socks I knit. I'd show them closer, but they're a gift for someone. I still can't believe that the stripes match.


See that round thing on the ground behind me? It's a rug Katie sent me for my birthday. I had originally found it in a resale shop in the U.P. but passed on it because it was too expensive.


Look how pretty it is! It's clearly handmade from old materials and garments. Thanks again, Kate.


Here's a picture of me, with my hair growing out. I've been trimming my bangs, since I like them short; and the back, since I can't pull off the Ziggy Stardust-era Bowie look very well. I'm trying for a bob again - a realy short one, since I just can't afford to get it cut too often. Also, because I dread the iea of trying to describe what I want my hair to look like en français. I guess I could just bring in a picture of Lousie Brooks, though.

Now that I see this picture again, I feel like I look like a dandy cowboy. That's just perfect.

This is the scarf I was wearing:

Now you know how yarn looks to me. Keep that in mind if you ever see me paralyzed with indecision in a yarn shop -- it's just all too beautiful.

And finally, a few pictures from Saturday, when I walked along the Roman road with Pascal and Joaquin.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...since I can't pull off the Ziggy Stardust-era Bowie look very well."

what, you mean the 'Glam Mullet?' don't bother! i think your hair looks incredibly cute, as it is! i have to say that you've done a good job maintaining it, sans rori.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home