Monday, November 07, 2005

this one will make you larger


I bought this at the market on friday. It's called Choufleur Romanesco.




At first, I was all "Holy shit! I have to buy this NOW because I will never see this again!" Hah! It's at Shopi now, too. Aparently, it's choufleur romanesco season. It tastes like broccoli crossed with cauliflower.







I like the paparazzi quality of this picture.












If the very existence of choufleur romanesco isn't mind-blowing enough for you, check this out: it grows in a logarithmic spiral, "a spiral whose separation grows in a geometric way with increasing distance from the center". That's the same ratio that creates the spiral shape of nautilus shells, hurricanes, and galaxies. GALAXIES. You can just throw that radio right into the bathtub now, thank you.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the golden rectangle! One of the few "gods" I believe in (I shouldn't say few. I have no idea how many there are. Silly hubris me, who am I to even guess how many). Amazing pictures kelly. Can you preserve one and send it to me? I NEED one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home