Monday, November 21, 2005

Ok, just ONE more!

Turns out I put more pictures on my USB drive! Nothing special, just another pretty walk in the woods.


It's become winter overnight, similar to what I've heard from Chicago. The frost has really made the maples brighten up.


Today, the frost lasted until mid-afternoon. I bet in a few days, most of the leaves will have fallen.


Look at how strangely the leaves grow on these trees!

They're everywhere in this area, too. Last weekend, when I was with Catherine, I pointed to one and said, "Have you noticed those little balls of leaves?"
She immediately said, "Little secrets! That's what they look like to me."
I had seen them as little thought bubbles, so I think we're on to something.....the secret lives of trees, obviously.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In the old days, if someone had a secret they didn't want to share... you know what they did?

They went up a mountain, found a tree, carved a hole in it, and whispered the secret into the hole. Then they covered it with mud. And leave the secret there forever."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home