Friday, February 10, 2006

party, schmarty

So yesterday, a kid asked me if I would join him at his aparment for dinner. Then a few other kids, like 3 or 4, asked me if I'd be joining them for tartiflette that night. I thought it would be a casual dinner with a few people....

I had no idea that it would end with half the class drunk, singing along with "We Be Burning" in a conga line through the apartment. This boy had 30 people over for dinner and wine. Lots and lots of wine. I ended up leaving, with most of my faced covered in marker, actually finding it difficult to correctly tie my shoes.

The biggest different between parties in France and America? The organized singing. There's at least three songs here that are....well, for lack of a better term... drinking songs. Throughout the dinner, everybody got their chance, prompted by the singing, to throw back a glass of wine. It got less civilized from there on out.



These kids get crazy, yo.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is what you actually mean by "face covered in marker," isn't it?

http://www.savannahnow.com/images/092501/full_tattoo.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home