Friday, March 24, 2006

photodump

Yes, two posts. I'm accumulating a glut of pictures again, since the last few weeks have been so nice. I still can't believe it, but it's actually spring here. No joke.

First, here's the little crocheted curtain. So cute I could puke.




Last saturday, I went to the Houville's for dinner to celebrate Pascal and Joaquin's birthdays. Before going there, Pascal and I took a little drive on the plateau. He took me to a tiny lake, only locally known. As a matter of fact, it's not even marked on my otherwise-perfect hiking map of the area. The only way to find it is to follow the two hand-lettered signs saying "Lac ->".

It is a beautiful little place - it reminded me of Pickeral lake, for anyone who is familiar with the Ann Arbor area. Now that place is the best. It's totally hidden, and you can only get there in a car, and with somebody who already knows how to get there. Incidentally, it's also mentioned on Sufjan Steven's first album, "Greetings from Michigan."

We saw some ducks there that I've never seen before. That was actually rather exciting for me!


Then, to a beautiful tiny church, nestled in some forgotten town.

Apparently, they were having a contest for Creepiest Grave in the cemetary. These two were tied as of last saturday:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home